Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Dinshaw D Bamji has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Dinshaw D Bamji has the following 13 expertise
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
Showing 5 of 21
Very caring and professional doctor. i am with him for 4 yrs and the best doctor yet. i have tried other therapists for anxiety and it was a waste of time, they were horrible. I never had experienced a doctor that has a true passion for what he does.. if some question should need an answer in between appointments, all you have to do is leave a message and he returns calls within 24 hours or less. This man is an amazing person and deserves many blessings for his wonderful work. He is a true asset to the medical field.
This is a disgusting human being who will flat out see you suffering and depressed and tell you flat out that you're lying. He will roll his eyes at you and extremely unprofessional. I come from a very cultural family who does not recognize mental illness and because i didnt have any past records he dismissed all of my built up hurt and feelings. This man is a disgusting crook and I wish i recorded our session. Do not waste time or money with this horrible person who only cares about making money and scamming patients
46 Years Experience
Goa Medical College
Graduated in 1972
Elmhurst Hospital Center
Dr. Dinshaw D Bamji accepts the following insurance providers.
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
Locations & DirectionsDinshaw D Bamji Md, 16060 21st Ave, Whitestone, NY
Dr. Dinshaw D Bamji is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Whitestone, NY.