Dr. Dipika J Shah Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Dipika J Shah?

Condescending

Dr. Shah never seemed to take my problems seriously, instead coming off as condescending. When I opened up to her about how my depression was affecting me, she sometimes wrote it off as nothing but “complaining,” to use her own wording. For instance, when I was describing how my depression had left me so fatigued that even simple tasks like pleasure reading could be difficult, she claimed I just needed to get more motivated and drink some more caffeine, as if fatigue wasn’t a symptom worth taking seriously. She once rolled her eyes at me when I opened up to her about another medical issue I was going through. Whenever she did happen to give advice, it was rarely useful, and sometimes even harmful. Particularly, despite the fact that I had a long history of severe depression, she constantly badgered me to get off the medicine I needed, the medication list my previous psychiatrist and I worked so hard to get right for me. Decreasing my dosages always made my symptoms return, yet she continued to insist that taking me off my medicine was a great idea. So, many appointments with Dr. Shah almost felt like battles to make sure she didn’t try reducing the amount of treatment I was receiving. Other times, though, she seemed totally apathetic to me, just zipping through a laundry list of yes-no questions about various symptoms of different mental disorders, then ending the appointment. Plus, she sometimes failed to refill my prescriptions on time (though I always called her office numerous times), leaving me without medicine for a few days. She simply wasn’t open to being contacted. I was grateful when I could finally find a different psychiatrist to see elsewhere.

I am very pleased with my Dr. She always is concerned about things that have transpired since I last saw her.She listens as I tell all since my last appointment. We discuss anything that is bothering me.She tells me what she thinks and we talk about the best way to fix the problem or problems.

Dr. Dipika J Shah is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Georgetown, OH.