Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ditte G Phillips
Dr. Ditte G Phillips, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Clyde, NC. She has 29 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Phillips is affiliated with Haywood Regional Medical Center Restorative CA. Dr. Phillips has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Ditte G Phillips has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
When I first met Dr. Phillips I had just had a mini-stroke. She was an on call physician from a local medical clinic. She informed me that I would need to be admitted to the hospital to stay the night. She then asked if I had a doctor. I told her I didn't that I had just moved into the area. I had noticed her questioning was thorough so I asked if she wouldn't consider taking on another patient. She agreed and I've been going to Dr. Phillips for over 10 years now.Sometimes it takes a bit longer to get back to see her, but once you're there she's all yours and she takes time to listen to you and answer all your questions.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Phillips is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
University Of Massachusetts Medical School
Graduated in 1989
Mary Imogene Bassett Hospital
Dr. Ditte G Phillips accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMountain Medical Associates, 600 Hospital Dr Ste 9, Clyde, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ditte G Phillips in this video.
Dr. Ditte G Phillips is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Clyde, NC.