Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Divijani D Puttagunta
Dr. Divijani D Puttagunta, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Dallas, TX. She has 13 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Puttagunta is affiliated with Parkland Memorial Hospital. Dr. Puttagunta has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Divijani D Puttagunta has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 9
Dr. Divijani Dendi is thorough and nice, but in my opinion, she deserves three stars max for some of her services, and a two star overall. She is missing the most integral part of being a doctor. She doesn't listen to her patient (in MY experience). I went to her twice and came out with referrals for things I didn't really need, and the things that I felt I did need, were overlooked and brushed off. I came out thinking, "This is what I needed! What the heck is she doing?" There were a lot of things, but she only seemed to address the things she THOUGHT were important. It did not feel as if she trusted me to know what I needed. It's one thing for a doctor to suggest and advise, but I felt ignored and condescended, instead of listened to. Overall, I was dissatisfied and ended up by finding another doctor.
Dr. Puttagunta is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
13 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 2005
Dr. Divijani D Puttagunta accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMedical Specialists Associated, 5461 La Sierra Dr, Dallas, TX
Dr. Divijani D Puttagunta is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.