Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Dixie M Patel has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Dixie M Patel has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Dixie M Patel has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Dixie M Patel is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
I am also shocked to see a negative review for Dr. Patel. She has been my Dr. for several years now and is an excellent Physician. Last summer, I caught a summer flu. I was out of work for 5 working days. I became ill on a Tuesday and went to see her on Thursday. She called me at home on Friday and again on Monday to see how I was progressing. What Dr. does that? Not one that I ever went to before.
I was shocked to see such a negative rating of Dr. Patel...she's been our family practice doctor for at least 3 years, my boys, who are teenagers now, also love her! She remembers what we are involved in and comments about it at our visits...she knows and cares for her patients very much! The field needs more doctors like her!
Would NOT recommend her to ANYONE, EXPECIALLY AnyOne with KIDS!!!!!HORRIBLE, She Does not care one bit to take time with you and Diagnos your Problem,Even OTHER DOCTORS DO NOT recommend her!!!
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
17 Years Experience
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Dixie M Patel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem WI Blue Priority X Indiv DirectAccess
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- WPS Group
Locations & DirectionsLakeshore Medical Clinic, 3611 S Chicago Ave Ste 100, South Milwaukee, WI
Dr. Dixie M Patel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near South Milwaukee, WI.