Get the facts about clinical depression, including the symptoms and related depressive disorders.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Dixon Spivy
Dr. Dixon Spivy, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Springfield, MA, with another office in Chicago, IL. He has 56 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. Spivy is affiliated with Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center and Saint Joseph Hospital, Resurrection Hlth Cr. He speaks English.
Dr. Dixon Spivy has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Spivy is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center
Saint Joseph Hospital, Resurrection Hlth Cr
56 Years Experience
Washington University at St. Louis
Graduated in 1957
Dr. Dixon Spivy accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Dixon Spivy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Springfield, MA.