Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Dmitry E Primak has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 5 of 15
I am a mental health profressional (PHD psychologist) and a patient of Dr. Pimrak's. I know how hard it is to find a good psychiatrist from years of referring patients to dr's who did more damage than good. Now that I need some help myself, I am glad to have found Dr. Primrak. He is smart, perceptive, and doesn't just fall for every gimick the pharmaceutical reps sell primary care doctors and other psychiatrsists on. He won't overmedicate you and he knows what is tried and true. Psychiatrists are not therapists. You want one who listens, can diagnose your problem, and treat you properly.
I SAT ON A CHAIR BY YOUR DESK AS YOU ASK ME QUESTIONS. I FELT AS IF I WAS BEING INTERROGATED AT A POLICE STATION. THERE WAS NO COMPASSION AND NO REACHING OUT TO ME TO EASE MY EMOTIONAL AND/OR MENTAL PROBLEMS. A PSYCHIATRIST IS SUPPOSE TO BE COMPASSIONATE AND MAKE THE PATIENT FEEL BETTER. MY EXPERIENCE WITH YOU HAS MADE ME EVEN WORSE. AS A RESULT I FEEL DISSAPPOINTED AND GIVING UP ON DOCTORS. IS THIS WHAT YOU WENT TO MEDICAL SCHOOL FOR?????????????
45 Years Experience
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Hahnemann University Hospital
Dr. Dmitry E Primak accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsDmitry Primak Md, 14 25 Plaza Rd, Fair Lawn, NJ
Dr. Dmitry E Primak is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fair Lawn, NJ.