Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. W Chan has the following 2 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Pain Medicine
- Acute Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Cancer Pain
Showing 5 of 9
Dr. Chan and his Nurse Practitioner Mercedes are the least caring health Professionals I've ever come across. Neither have any empathy or compassion. During my spinal procedures, i.e.: Injections, Dr. Chan converses with his staff about everything but the Patients interest. A caring provider would be talking to the Patient and reducing fear and anxiety. He is not rude just doesn't show any compassion or empathy. He's a burnt out Anesthesiologist. His NP Mercedes L. is just down right rude and uncaring. In addition, wait times are very long. Many times I've had to stand in the waiting area in the Franklin Office. They also never return calls. From my research, he also has a clinic in RI and is the owner of both. This practice appears to be nothing more than a money mill for Dr. Chan. If not for convenience of location and the need to get a ride for these appointments, I'd be going to another clinic. I'm currently looking for another provider.
I have had back pain and leg pain for over 10 years. I have had two back surgeries that have not given me permanent pain relief. I have had steroid injections at other pain clinics that did not give me lasting pain relief. I saw Dr Chan at Sturdy and after a thorough exam and review of my records he recommended a spinal stimulator. I had it put my back by Dr Chan and now I am 70-80 pain free. Dr Chan and the staff changed my life. I still take pain meds but now I do not need much of it and I can live my life without much pain. I would recommend any of my friends or family to go see Dr Chan.
17 Years Experience
Tufts University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. W Chan accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. W Chan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Attleboro, MA.