The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Domenico Calcaterra has the following 1 specialty
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
Dr. Domenico Calcaterra has the following 8 expertise
- Vascular Malformations
- Varicose Veins
- Aortic Diseases
- Diabetes Complications
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
Dr. Domenico Calcaterra has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 10
Dr. Calcaterra operated on my mother. Her aorta was in cased in plaque...he was concerned and determined...without him (and Dr. Chavez) my mom would not be with us today. Thank you Dr. Calcaterra. I know you don't like your skills exaggerated, but I want readers to know you are an amazing sx and honest doctor. My mom has a second chance because of your conservative approach and mastery of skills.
I anticipated a cardio-thoracic surgeon to be very unapproachable and difficult. Dr. Calcaterra took a great deal of time at the end of his busy day to talk to me and to my wife about the pros and cons of heart surgery. He is obviously well trained, but also cares very much about what he does.
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
26 Years Experience
Universita Degli Studi Di Roma La Sapienza
Graduated in 1992
Yale New Haven Hospital
Dr. Domenico Calcaterra accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- First Health PPO
- Medica Ridgeview Comm Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
Locations & DirectionsMinneapolis Heart Institute, 920 E 28th St Ste 400, Minneapolis, MN
Dr. Domenico Calcaterra is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Minneapolis, MN.