Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Dominic P Amara has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
I had the best experience of my life going through my pregnancy with Dr Amara and having my baby at Sonoma Hospital. Dr Amara is kind, professional, available and personal. He takes the time to make you feel reassured and comfortable. It is always easy to schedule an appointment, the staff at the office is nice and it feels very familiar to go back there. My birth experience was great. Dr Amara was calm and caring and professional. The nurses were so nice and the hospital room was very comfortable. All the other moms I talked to who had Dr Amara as a doctor and gave birth at Sonoma Hospital were as happy, satisfied and grateful as I am.
Many woman has lost their unborn child under Dr. Amara's care. My daughter lost 2. one at 3 and a half mos. along. A year later a son at 5 and a half months-she ended up driving herself out of Sonoma after being examined the night before and the good Dr. told her to go home, she wasn"t losing the baby. After passing more blood & clots throughout the night she went to Queen of the Valley Hosp. in Napa. The doctor who examined her told her she was infact losing the baby and that this could have been prevented. The doctor also said he was having a heck of a time getting my daughters medical records from Amara. Her baby boy was born dead that night. My daughter kept the Napa OBGGYN as her doctor & gave birth to a full term healthy baby boy 2 and a half yrs. later. Her doctor told her throughout her pregnancy that he was getting more & more new patients that were old patients of Dr. Amara. I have numerous friends who lost their grandchildren while their daughters were pregnant under his care, and a friend who lost his wife & child during child birth because of Dr. Amaras negligence. It just so happens he is the only OB in the town of Sonoma.
I was hospitalized for one issue and my OBGYN problem was then discovered.The attending Doc called Doc Amara in on a Sunday evening to look at test results and to consult with me. He was very nice,had a gentle bedside manner and left me with hope towards a quick resolution to my medical issue. He did the surgery the following week,the Hosp staff at Sonoma Valley Hosp were great and I am on the mend. And very thankful to a competant and kind Doc Amara.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2015, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
27 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Dr. Dominic P Amara accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Western Health Advantage
- Western Health Advantage
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMedical Center For Women, 181 Andrieux St Ste 108, Sonoma, CA
Dr. Dominic P Amara is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Sonoma, CA.