Have you seen Dr. Dominick A Barone?

Mercy proves to be the BEST once again.

Dr. Barone is a new doctor at Children's Mercy. We have been to Mercy many times and it has always been a very good experience but after a couple of recent Urgent Care visits we saw this Dr. Barone and I had to comment. He is the BEST DOCTOR we have every experienced ANYWHERE. My kids think he is great and he has such a way with even the baby. she just took to him immediately. Why can't my regular pediatrician be like the Mercy Pediatrician at East Urgent Care?

great pediatrician

Greatest doctor we have ever experienced. He obviously loves his job. great with my kids. from the baby to my teenagers he interacts with them just so well I could not be happier. Thank you Joanne for sending me to Dr. Barone

one great doctor

I found Dr. Barone by doing a search on the internet. I was worried about finding a doctor this way, but we are new to the area and don't know people yet. In years past back in PA I knew some of the nurses at the local hospitals. I still think that's the best way to find good doctors is ask a nurse where she goes. This time had to rely on this website and turns out was a good resource. I read all the things people said about Dr. Barone and let me tell you, they were all understatements. This pediatrician is even better than the one I loved back home. I chose him because people said good things and he went to school in PA. I figured if he's from back home then he must be OK, and I was right. Well, wrong, he's so much more than OK. If anyone in the whole Phoenix area really wants the overall all nicest and most knowledgeable Pediatrician, I suggest you visit with Dr. Dominick Barone. He's a DO which I was another reason I chose him. My last Pediatrician wasn't a DO but my OB and my Family docs were and they really are well rounded docs that are not just drug pushers, so I figured try out a DO pediatrician this time. again, he gets my highest recommendation. I doubt there are many like this around anymore. You have to see for yourself, there are just so many wonderful aspects of our visit. I have 3 kids, and they even think he is the most fun doctor they have ever met. and to top it off. His office receptionist was a delight to deal with and very helpful with figuring out our insurance.

Best Doc in Phx

I love it that DX Barone is a DO because he sees the whole body as a connected unit; a system that needs attention in all areas. He has been our Pediatrician for 8 yrs with 3 children. He's great with my teenage son and my baby girl. My children always want Dx B to help them!! That says it all :-)

Restating my admiration and appreciation

I have posted about Dr. Barone before. When I saw the last comment I had to respond.We chose a DO Pediatrician specifically for the benefits of Osteopathic Medicine and Osteopathic Manipulation treatments, besides that DO doctors seem to have a much more natural approach. A prescription for a drug is not their impulse reaction to every complaint.regarding the last commenter, it sounds like your insurance company is the problem here. First they call Osteopathic Medicine, Chiropractic Treatment. I am sure Dr. Barone's office billed Osteopathic Treatments and some insurance coder "changed" it and recoded or perhaps in error punched it in as Chiropractic. Anyway that's not the doctor's error!!!!If you are like me Dr. Barone always evaluates and treats my kids' musculoskeletal system, it's absolutely part of an Osteopathic Physical exam. Insurance companies don't have different physical exam codes for an MD and a DO, but they do have codes for the MD part and then codes for the DO part. I am sure Dr. Barone has always done the same thing regarding billing for the treament he gave and sounds like he did it right. Also sounds like your insurance used to cover it so you never had a portion left to you. Now your insurance has decided that it's your responsibility and the doctor has to follow the report from the insurance company as far as who pays what. And remember the doctor is agreeing to accept the discounted amount per your plan if he is a participating doctor with your insurance.People think when their insurance company says something is covered at 100% or 80% etc that the doctor is being paid 100% or 80% of his or her fees. THAT IS NOT TRUE. It's 100% or 80% of the insurance companies "allowable" amount, and every company and every plan within a company is different as to what that amount is. You would think the allowed amount should be the same for all iinsurance but it's not. Some plans are better than others.Bottom line here is that this person is complaining about the doctor when it's her insurance coverage that changed not her doctor and she chooses a DO and probably enjoyed all the benefits of the DO doctor mentality all these years and now that her insurance changes she accuses the doctor of doing something different or something not requested. YOU WENT TO A D.O. SO YOU GET A D.O. PHYSICAL IF YOU WANT AN M.D. Good luck, enjoy the difference. I will bet your kids have been pretty healthy. I wonder if they would have been without the Osteopathic Treatments they got for years.

Grossly overbilled

I took my three children in for their annual exam. One child was due for her shots so we did that as well. My health insurance says a regular office visit is $15 so imagine my surprise when my bank account was drafted $140.88. I contacted my insurance company. They told me that the doctor reported he completed both an annual exam as well as provided chiropractic services. Chiropractic services are not covered by my office visit. Now, I will say that the Dr. did have them lay down and crack their back. I was never asked if I wanted this done. I was never told I would be billed seperately for this. I set the appointment for an regular check-up and to administer whatever shots are required for them to go to school. This is not the first time I've been to this doctor. Dr. Barone is the only doctor I have ever taken my kids to in the past 12 years. I had always been happy with the office until now.

Great Doctor

most down to earth pediatrician or any doctor I have ever met. He seems to understand so many different things and explains them in a language I can understand. You can't believe this doctor and his office until you see it for yourself. Small office very personable experience. I can't say enough.

unbelievable pediatrician

This is the kind of doctor I've been looking for. I really thought doctors didn't care so much anymore. It seemed like it was all business and protecting themselves from lawyers. Not Dr. Barone. genuine, honest, caring, and he knows his stuff, explains his thought process. I can't believe the time and effort he spent helping me understand everything I've been told before and how it all fits the whole situation. I just can't believe it too me so long to find him. I wish there was a way to KNOW this kind of stuff about doctors. That's why I post this review, I wish people could know there is still hope for good medical care and advice if you can find docs like this one.

not many like this

I am so worry the healthcare reform with bring an end to the perfect pediatrician like mine. Dr. Barone a solo doctor that actually knows my kids and gives great advice with good explanations is already a rare thing. I have been to many big groups with my 5 kids over the years and I am afraid more a more doctors will choose this type of practice if government rules and insurance company tactics just make it imposible for this type of office to exist anymore. Dr. Barone tells us he will stick it out as long as possible and long enough for my kids to out grow the pediatrician. but I was kind of hoping my grandkids would have him, or someone like him in the future. Please God don't let us loose great doctors like this one.

Still number One

My wife and I rated this doctor a few years ago and after our latest visit I just had to come back and restate what a great Pediatrician this is. My son has been having repiratory problems and it always seems to flare up on the weekends so we've gone to Urgent cares and Emergency rooms (even Pediatric ones) and they just keep giving him different antibiotics. Finally listened to what the nurse at his office has said a hundred times. Bring him in to office if you end up in ER on weekend. So we did after the third weekend visit and turns out my 6 yr old son is wheezing and nobody seemed to know it. We brought him cause of this nasty cough and the other doctors kept saying he has a pneumonia. they even took an xray. I don't get it.Dr. Barone said he would bet radiology doctor would not call it pneumonia and we got report. Dr. Barone right AGAIN. no pneumonia. Dr. Barone treated with asthma medicine and the kid is great within 2 days. He explained how it's confusing if not used to kids, always seems like he tries to give these ER docs a break, but I think they should know better. But now WE know better. Always check back with our own doctor, he always knows what's going on and best way to approach and I'll tell you the answer is not always MEDICINE. usually he tells us there is no magic medicine to make this all better. but seems to know when there is one. We just are so lucky to have him on our side so wanted to say it again. THE BEST PEDIATRICIAN EVER.

great guy and greater pediatrician

could not be more pleased with every aspect of this office. It's not a clinic type zoo that I have experienced since moving here to phoenix several years ago. I just wish someone told me about this great guy and great little office years ago. Thank you Melinda for the best pediatrician referral ever. I will never doubt your judgement again.

really good pediatrician

wish I found him years ago when I had babies

Dr. Dominick A Barone is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Overland Park, KS.

Dr. Dominick A Barone Is this you?