Dr. Don Burgio Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Don Burgio?

Great Doc

Posted on May 25th, 2017

Dr Burgio is a very nice guy. I've been seeing him for a couple years now. I have multiple problems one is a very bad problem in my right ear. I went deaf in the left about 3 yrs ago. He has saved my hearing in my right ear. He listens to my problems and helps me every way possible. When working on my ear Hes always telling me I know it hurts you your ear is very sensitive. He has compassion and most of all kindness. He does everything he can to help you. His staff is very kind to you. They listen and try to help in any way. They get u in asap if a severe problem comes up. Reading so things others have wrote sounds like they would not be happy anywhere. Hey I've know Dr go as quick as they can. I've learned that sometimes others have problems to your not the only one. So be PATIENT you might be the one causing others to wait. I'm sure you'll want him to take his time with u if it's you that has the big problem. All Doctors are people to. Only most of us are not woke in the middle of the nite to help others!

Posted on December 9th, 2016

Worse doctor I have even gone to. Was in fine condition when I went in, came out with my ear bleeding internally and finding and pain. Hurt my ear real bad while cleaning it. Ear now has a discharge. Need to find a doctor real fast now to clear up, if possible, the damage this doctor has done.

Literally the worst Dr's visit I have ever had.

Posted on June 9th, 2016

They ask that you arrive at 8:45 am to fill out paperwork. naturally, I showed up at 8:45 am and signed in. 9:45 am I approached the desk, as it turns out, they misspelled my name and after filling out the 6 sheets I would have access to a doctor. 9:50 am papers are turned in. 10:15 am I text Pat and ask if I should leave. He pleads me to stay in case of an infection. 10:17 am I approach the desk looking for answers. 10:30 am I get called to the back t be weighed. The nurse ask's some questions and asks me to wait for the doctor. I can hear him through the wall. His deep voice is rattling the hollow, cold office. Moments later he walks in. 10:40 am he asks me my symptoms. When I tell him I am feeling great now, he seems discouraged ad tells me he's the expert. I explain what happens, he jots notes and says, "Sounds like Positional Vertigo."10:42 am he looks in my ears and mouth and sends me to a women for a hearing test. She is lovely. 10:45 am the sound test begins. 10:46 the sound test ends. Doctor Burgio calls me back into an office. 10:50 am I am told I am fine and if it flares again to schedule another appointment. He hands me a blue sheet with everything I found online and sends me to pay. 10:51 am I am told I owe $250 for the appointment.

Posted on December 10th, 2014

Anyone seeing this Dr. Burgio needs to get a second opinion! Look for the best ear doctor in Phoenix! I was told I wouldn't hear again! Guess what I had surgery and hear just fine.

Bad bedside manner

Posted on September 25th, 2014

He seemed very rushed and was very short and rude. When first meeting him I went to shake his hand and it was like i was the plague. He told me he could perform a procedure that day to help with dizziness, but said the location he was at didn't have the proper table; either get one or don't practice at that location! I felt like he just wanted another co-pay. Not impressed

Great

Posted on July 3rd, 2014

He is a wonderful doctor, it's clear that he wants to help his patients. I'd go back to him if I wasn't so far away.

Medical Malpractice

Posted on March 7th, 2014

8 years ago Dr Don Burgio performed surgery on my ears after telling me that my hearing loss could not be corrected with hearing aids. after the second surgery I told him of my problems I was having, after his eyes retreated back into his head, he told me to call him in a year if I was still having problems...I called 3 months later and was told he moved to Arizona. After searching for him for 2 years, which happens to be the statute of limitations for medical malpractice, he turned up in Arizona with four practices. I wrote to him, and I received a phone call from a woman he knows who proceeded to tell me that he did not remember me. She then hung up on me. over the course of the last 6 years, I have written many letters,and I have received several phone calls from this woman, each time we speak she gets nastier and nastier. the last time we spoke was a year ago, she told me not only did he not remember me, he never performed surgery on me, he never lived in the state of Michigan, he never had a practice in the state of Michigan, he never had a license to practice medicine in the state of Michigan...I told her that I was looking at a picture of him from his business in Arizona, I told her what he did to me I said I will get a lawyer and I will find him, and then I told her that I would come after her for obstruction of justice..his former business partner remembers referring me to him, the entire staff remember him and know that he lives in Arizona, but for some reason he doesn't remember me. I remember the look on his face when I told him of the problems that I was having. I am now homeless penniless my kid was taken away from me, and I have one week left in my hotel before I'm on the street. I'm allergic to the medicine that I need. I have a CD with the damage he left. still don't remember me, Dr Burgio?

Not satisifed

Posted on January 30th, 2014

My daughter saw Dr. Burgio and we were not pleased with him. He was very cold and rushed. When we were trying to explain what was going on with my daughter he wasn't listening and downplayed everything we were telling him. I will be getting a second opinion and would not recommend him to anyone.

Posted on October 15th, 2013

This is probably the worst Doctor Ive ever seen,his staff hates him with their eyes.You can see it in everything they do.I have never seen a doctor not even be able to look at you during an office visit,as if you are bothering him by being there.Would not recommend him ever!Even if you have pain and holes in your eardrum,he says so non caring -well you can do what you want ,do nothing ,get a hearing aid or have surgery.I wonder if he is even a doctor at all!horrible ,brutal personality.I would say zero stars if i could get through this review without it.

Posted on April 4th, 2012

I was so pleased that I decided to disregard the previous reviews and decide on my own! Not only was Dr. Burgio caring and considerate, so was his entire staff - he communicated well as to his suspected diagnosis as well as the reason for the tests and treatments he recommended. No one wants to have a diagnosis of a severe hearing loss, however, the news is not so bad when delivered by such an excellent doctor.

Posted on April 26th, 2011

The issues with the delay: once you are in the room waiting for the doctor, waiting for the doctor assistant, waiting for testing and just waiting. I believe this is in regards to overbooking appointments. Otherwise, Dr Burgio took the time to answer my questions and as a patient it is your responsibility to speak up when it comes in dealing with a specialist. Afterall you are the one paying the bill. In his defense he did clear up an ear infection (55% hear lost) and blocked sinus problem which I am much improved. His bedside manner can be a bit abrupt as he seemed rushed at times. I have been to worse specialists.

Posted on July 26th, 2010

Dr. Burgio was the first Dr. to properly and quickly diagnose my disease. Several other doctors misdiagnosed for many years causing frustration, but Dr. Burgio quickly put me on a road to learning and dealing with my disease.