Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Don M Henry has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Don M Henry has the following 19 expertise
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
- Urinary Incontinence
- Menstrual Pain
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Birth Control
- Tubal Ligation (Permanent Sterilization in Women)
Dr. Don M Henry has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Don M Henry is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
I'm not big on writing reviews or leaving bad remarks that may affect one's practice but I feel compelled to do so in this instance due to the extreme trauma that I experienced. I had recently moved to the area while I was pregnant and chose Dr. Henry to manage my pregnancy in the second trimester. Upon meeting Dr. Henry, he was funny and nice and knew the basic ABC's of ob. Unfortunately, I came to him with another health condition, which was being managed by a specialist. To say the least, Dr. Henry left me feeling very stigmatized, made many inappropriate remarks about my condition, brought negative attention to me at the hospital, and made me feel dehumanized. Worst of all he failed to properly manage issues that needed attention during my pregnancy, gave me incorrect information, and seemed only focused on the issues above. I felt so traumatized that I had to find a new ob during my last trimester after my blood pressure went up from dealing with the issues with Dr. Henry. My father had suggested contacting the patient advocate at the hospital but I just wanted to deliver a healthy child at that moment. Luckily I chose a different doctor who made a world of a difference and re-instilled my confidence that I would have a healthy, uneventful delivery. I did.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Henry is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Dr. Don M Henry accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL HMO Illinois
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO PPO
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDon Moore Henry Md, 1001 Main St, Dyer, IN
Dr. Don M Henry is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dyer, IN.