Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Don F Johnston
Dr. Don F Johnston, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Euless, TX. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Johnston is affiliated with Texas Health Harris Methodist Hurst-Euless-Bedford. He speaks English.
Dr. Don F Johnston has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Herniated Disc
- Joint Replacement
- Sports Medicine
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Bone Fracture
- Hip Surgery
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 39
This doctor needs to retire! He refused to let my PT person choose the best PT for me. I was 34 when I broke an ankle and got stuck with him through the hospital for surgery because I was admitted. He refused to allow me to work from home on a laptop, demanded I stay home in bed. And then wouldn't sign off on water therapy that my PT person wanted. I think he got mad that I found my own PT place instead of using the one he recommended that wasn't as close to my home. When I went in to talk to him he said "I'm the doctor not your PT person" and "the best you can hope for is 80% recovery". I WAS 34, I expected 98% recovery hardware or not. I finally had to just leave his office and I went to another Dr that signed off on what PT wanted and took over my care. Johnstons because manner leaves A LOT to be desired. He had a god complex and works with a lot of older people. Hence the 80% recovery comment, because someone 70 plus years old may be ok with 80%. I wasn't, and neither was my PCP. This Dr also didn't give me the proper care when my wound want closing properly and was infected. He kept saying to keep it wet. And I showed him it's getting infected because it wasn't closing after the staples were removed. I went to my PCP and he tested it and it came back positive for STAPH which he quickly ordered me antibiotics for and told me to dry it out not keep it wet. Lastly while in the hospital for 3 days with the surgery he refused to order me thyroid meds which you have to take daily because they are a hormone. I had to argue and argue to get it. I eventually just called my mother who brought them to me and told the nurse, order it or I'm taking my own supply. He didn't want to order it because he felt I didn't have a thyroid issue, he is highly prejudice against obese people. It's been 3.5 years, and I have nerve damage to my toes and they go numb because of how the nerves are in the foot where the rod and screws are. My scar is straight, but wide where it wouldn't heal right. And I praise my PT person and PCP who knew I needed water therapy after 6 weeks bed rest and wheelchairs. I couldn't even walk a straight line in water much less on land. This Dr is horrible, and you should seek out someone else!
Dr. Johnston is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 1973
John Peter Smith Hospital
Dr. Don F Johnston accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDon F Johnston Md, 350 Westpark Way Ste 204, Euless, TX
Dr. Don F Johnston is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Euless, TX.