Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Don Shuwarger
Dr. Don Shuwarger, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Alamogordo, NM. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Shuwarger is affiliated with Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center, Centra Health and Surgery Center of Lynchburg. He speaks English.
Dr. Don Shuwarger has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Hot Flashes
Showing 5 of 7
My grandson was born with undiagnosed hydrocephalus. This is unheard-of these days. As a result, he was allowed to go full term and also forced to endure 13 hours of pitocin labor before he showed enough stress to be taken by emergency c/section. He has cerebral palsy, he is blind, he is developmentally delayed. He is 8 years old, wears diapers, cannot walk and can do little other than hold his juice cup. He is a joy to us but his life is truly sad in that he will never have anywhere near a normal life because of the lack of oversight of nurse midwives in this group. There is no excuse for this not to have been picked up early and for my grandson to have been spared the physical and mental impairments that he will live with the rest of his life.
Dr. Shuwarger is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center
Surgery Center of Lynchburg
32 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. Don Shuwarger accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWhite Sands Womens Healthcare, 2559 Medical Dr, Alamogordo, NM
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Don Shuwarger in this video.
Dr. Don Shuwarger is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Alamogordo, NM.