Dr. Don Spivak Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Don Spivak?

Caring and Compassionate.

Posted on February 23rd, 2017

Is very kind and helpful to my son who has Asperger's Disorder. My son can become very stubborn, but if I say "Dr. Spivak wants you to do this", my son readily complies.

Posted on August 14th, 2016

Outstanding psychiatrist.

Dr. Spivak is great!

Posted on January 12th, 2012

Dr. Spivak is truly an amazing psychiatrist. My son has Asperger's Disorder and ADHD and I am a Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist myself so I am very, very picky about who cares for my son. My son immediately resonated with Dr. Spivak's warmth and congeniality and his diagnostic acumen is outstanding. I knew what was going on with my child, but was not having good luck with the professionals in the school system. With Dr. Spivak's help, I was able to get specialized services for my son. As a result, he started Kindergarten in an AI self-contained classroom and is now in Regular Education classes with OT, speech and social work services and he also is an Honor Roll student. I can't say enough wonderful things about Dr. Spivak. I just wish he accepted insurance!

Dr Spivak is brilliant, caring and professional.

Posted on January 3rd, 2012

Dr Spivak is loyal to his patients! He goes beyond what any doctor would do for a patient. He is a professional in ever way. Even when his patience are put to the limits (yes,I did try). He saved my life and helped me see I was in complete command of my actions, thoughts and life. In every thing I did, every thing I thought. Yes, his technique is to listen to help one see they make their own lives based on their own decisions and thoughts either real or imagined. He teaches us that we own them and live with them. He helps you find the answers to your own problems. He is truly amazing and kind, he cares deeply...

Posted on October 13th, 2011

My husband contacted Dr. Spivak on several occasions requesting a consultation with him. He informed Dr. Spivak he was suffering from extreme depression and was urgent he returned the call ASAP. The good Doctor never returned any of his calls. I find this behavior very unprofessional speaks to his character. Who ignores a patient crying out for help. My husband found another Dr. who is wonderful.

Good Doc

Posted on September 22nd, 2009

He uses a unique approach in his therapy where he does not talk very much at all-he just listens and observes. I have been very well since I began seeing him.

Posted on September 4th, 2017