Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Don W Lee
Dr. Don W Lee, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Glendale, CA, with another office in Glendale, CA. He has 50 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Lee is affiliated with Greater El Monte Community Hospital, Promise Hospital of East Los Angeles, LP and Community Hospital Huntington Park. Dr. Lee has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Don W Lee has the following 2 specialties
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Don W Lee has the following 5 expertise
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Unstable Angina
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Showing 5 of 28
Well distinguished, top surgeons that would be impossible to consult, nevertheless, have a procedure performed ! It just took a phone call from Dr. Don Lee, for them to clear their schedules, and further, they even called after us after hours, even drove back to their office to see us after completing surgery , and they schedule a surgery, promptly. That teals me how influential he is!!! My mom almost die if the surgery was delay, according to the condition of her valve. Thank you Dr.Roberts by bestowing calmness and confidence to my mom. My deepest honor and gratitude for knowing him and having him as our cardiologist.
Staff are ignorant, they contradicting what they are saying. If you asked them about something, they make you feel like an idiot! I think patient knows everything and patient doesn't have the right to ask questions if you seem you dont understand the procedure. The doctor is ok, but as what the other person say's this doctor will not stay with you to fully explained what is needed. It's only a business not patient care.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Lee is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
50 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 1968
Clarian Health Partners
Dr. Don W Lee accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
LA Care Health
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Don W Lee is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glendale, CA.