Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Don V Zapanta has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 6
My first appointment with this "Doctor" was pretty horrible. I've had a yeast infection for a few days and I couldn't take it anymore. He walks in and I tell him I have a yeast infection and he looks at me all crazy and tells me to go to the women's clinic. I couldn't believe he refused to treat me for that . It was Friday afternoon and by the time I was able to escape that 3rd world cave, it was too late at the women's clinic. Needless to say I spend the weekend in pain and agony. Fast forward 4 months later, I make an appointment because I'd been experiencing some anxiety and couldn't take it anymore. I make an appointment and wait almost 2 hours in a waiting room exploding with what seemed 200 people. Finally I get called and wait another 30+ minutes in the waiting room and when he finally comes in he asks me, "what's wrong"? So I tell him I've been having anxiety and my heart is racing all the time. So he looks at me like I'm crazy and tells me that I need a psychiatrist. I asked if he could prescribe me anything and he said no. I go back to the front desk and the receptionist wrote down an address for the psychiatrist and off I go. When I got to my car I just couldn't hold it and I broke down in tears. I feel like both times I went in he had the ability to help me and give me some sort of medication but he just didn't care, either that or he's just incompetent. Md's can treat yeast infections and help with anxiety. My sister went to 2 different family doctors in two separate occasions and they both gave her medication for her anxiety and it really helped her. I guess he's 38 years of experience were useless in both of my cases. I'm going to be looking for a real doctor. I'm sick of being rejected by this one. Highly NOT recommended.
45 Years Experience
Howard University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
King Drew Medical Center
Dr. Don V Zapanta accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsDon Victor Azar Zapanta Md, 1619 Cecil Ave Ste B, Delano, CA
Dr. Don V Zapanta is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Delano, CA.