Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Donald Aberfeld
Dr. Donald Aberfeld, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY. He has 56 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Aberfeld is affiliated with Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai HospitalMount Sinai Hospital Of Queens and Saint John's Queens Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Donald Aberfeld has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Donald Aberfeld has the following 9 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorder
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Nerve Conduction Studies
Dr. Donald Aberfeld is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Aberfeld is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Mount Sinai Queens
Mount Sinai HospitalMount Sinai Hospital Of Queens
Saint John's Queens Hospital
St Vincent's Midtown Hospital
SVCMC St Vincent's Hospital Manhattan
Wyckoff Heights Medical Center
Saint Vincents Hosp & Med Ctr New York, NY
Beth Israel Medical Center - Kings Highway Division
Beth Israel Medical Center
Wyckoff Heights Hospital
St Vincents Catholic Medical Centers
St Vincents Hospital And Medical Center Manhattan
Mount Sinai Hospital Of Queens
St. John's Riverside Hospital
56 Years Experience
Universitatea De Medicina Si Farmacie Carol Davila
Graduated in 1957
Metropolitan Hospital Center
Dr. Donald Aberfeld accepts the following insurance providers.
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
Locations & DirectionsNY University Medical Center, 870 United Nations Plz, New York, NY
Dr. Donald Aberfeld is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.