Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC) Facts about Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Donald N Arents Jr MD
Dr. Donald N Arents Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
Dr. Donald N Arents Jr has the following 8 expertise
- Chest Infection
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Angiographic Visualization
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
Showing 5 of 5
Bad business practice
Self-verified patient of Dr. Donald N Arents Jr - Posted on December 28th, 2017
Never saw doctor, hospital sent tests to be read. Never received any bills until sent to collections. Had insurance company look into & the drs office said, “well we sent it.” Never had anything like this happen & had very good credit before this. Now I’m screwed because of the ineptness of the office.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Donald N Arents Jr - Posted on November 16th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Donald N Arents Jr - Posted on September 23rd, 2016
HORRIBLE! HORRIBLE doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Donald N Arents Jr - Posted on July 2nd, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Donald N Arents Jr - Posted on October 9th, 2014
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
University Of Florida Health Shands Hospital
Dr. Donald N Arents Jr Accepts the Following Insurance
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
Locations & DirectionsPULMONARY MEDICINE OF VENICE, 219 Palermo Pl, Venice, FL
Dr. Donald N Arents Jr is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Venice, FL.