Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Donald Barilla
Dr. Donald Barilla, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Allentown, PA. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Barilla is affiliated with Lehigh Valley Hospital - Muhlenberg, Sacred Heart Hospital/Allentown and Lehigh Valley Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Donald Barilla has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Infectious Disease
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
I have seen Dr. Barilla twice for two different reasons. Both times he took the time to inform me of my options for treatment and gave me sound advice. He was not at all pushy nor did he rush my visit. He is very personable and caring. The day after I had the test that he sent me for, he personally called me with the results. I highly recommend him as a doctor.
I was thoroughly impressed by the time he took to speak with me. He was very thorough and very likable. I saw Dr. Barilla for the first time after another doctor in his practice that I was seeing left the practice and I feel he spent more time talking to me about my condition than the previous doctor had. Also, another person I work with has him for her doctor too and we can't say enough nice things about the way he treats us.
Dr. Barilla is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Lehigh Valley Hospital - Muhlenberg
Sacred Heart Hospital/Allentown
Lehigh Valley Hospital
Lehigh Valley Hospital - Allentown Campuses
43 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1970
Dr. Donald Barilla accepts the following insurance providers.
- AmeriHealth HMO, POS, DPOS
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
- Capital BC PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLehigh Valley Diabetes & Endocrinology, 1243 S Cedar Crest Blvd, Allentown, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Donald Barilla in this video.
Dr. Donald Barilla is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Allentown, PA.