Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Donald M Birch has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Bone Marrow Transplant
Showing 2 of 2
I don't know Why the Other Reviewers have such a low opinion of Dr. Birch? I know he is a little untraditional in his office, but he also doesn’t have you on a production line like most offices!!Dr. Birch is willing to spend some time with you discussing your issues and different options of treatment, and listens when you talk and is will to modify your treatment so that it works best for you. And although he is older, he stays on top the current treatment options and future technology’s that may benefit you, and in my opinion he is very friendly and nice to talk to and makes you feel comfortable! In every office visit I have had with Dr. Birch he always checks my heart and body for any pain or abnormalities, Dr. Birch was also willing to take me over from another doctor I wasn’t happy with and picked up writing my prescriptions-> it seems the other doctors I visit, I feel like I’m just the next number in line and they are just looking for ways to charge my insurance company to fill their pockets, without much concern for me or how I feel, in this respect Dr. Birch is most refreshing!
Harper Grace Hospital
Dr. Donald M Birch accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDonald M Birch Md, 330 W Tienken Rd Ste C, Rochester Hills, MI
Dr. Donald M Birch is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rochester Hills, MI.