Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Donald C Nelson has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Donald C Nelson has the following 10 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Abdominal Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Dr. Donald C Nelson has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Donald C Nelson is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 8
I miss having Doctor Nelson as my doctor. He is a very good doctor and I have had a hard time find someone to replace him. I greatest memory I have is when he told me my treatment for Hep C worked. No amount of money in the world could replace having Doctor Nelson as my doctor and I miss him very much.
Anytime I am scheduled for a first-time medical procedure, I always ask my network of friends and associates about their experiences with the procedure I am about to encounter. Everyone I spoke with claimed that having a colonoscopy is very painful. Because my tolerance for pain is minimal and I am a chicken about needles, I was a nervous wreck on the morning of my procedure. After a wonderful greeting from the patient registration desk, at St. Johns Hospital in Springfield, Mo, and the Volunteer who escorted me to the Endoscopy Unit, helped me feel a sense of calmness. The friendliness and professionalism of the Hospitals Endoscopy Staff broke down a little more of my hysterical state. Once in the Procedure room, Dr. Donald Nelson and his staffs (of St. Johns Regional Medical Center) calming bedside manner (and that wonderful drug) put me right at ease. I never felt a thing. To all of my friends and associates who had such horrible experiences with the colonoscopy, Na! Na! Na! Na! You just didnt have the right Doctor and/or Staff. Next time go to Dr. Donald Nelson of Springfield Missouri
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
41 Years Experience
Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Dr. Donald C Nelson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
Locations & DirectionsMercy Clinic Gastroenterology, 2115 S Fremont Ave Ste 3300, Springfield, MO
Dr. Donald C Nelson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Springfield, MO.