Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Donald E Harris has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Migraine Disorder
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Harris has been a good listener and attends to my concerns, the staff is exemplary--always pleasant, comforting when undergoing a procedure and the office is immaculate. Dr. Harris has addressed the issues I have and continues to instill confidence that I have the right doctor for my neurological issues.
I was put on topamax for migraines and experience a severe reaction to it. When voicing my problems to him he told me to increase the amount I was taking. Then after continuously contacting him he took me off of it. He prescribed another medication which was sulfa based and I voiced my concerns about it because of serum sickness I experienced due to another sulfa drug in college. The warnings clearly stated not to take it if you have reacted to sulfa drugs in the past. He told me to go ahead and take it. Within an hour of taking it I was breaking out in a rash. When I informed the office of this problem I was told "That's a bummer, there is nothing else he can do for you. Do you want to keep your follow-up appt?" This after meeting with the man for 10 minutes, having 2 tests, and two prescribed medications. One of those medications caused serious health problems and I am so thankful that I was to sick to heed his advice that I increase the dose because who knows what might have happened. I would seriously urge anyone to avoid this doctor if at all possible.
34 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Clarian Health Partners
Dr. Donald E Harris accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IU Health EMPLOYER PLAN
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNeurology And Sleep Sciences Pc, 1655 N Gladstone Ave Ste C, Columbus, IN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Donald E Harris in this video.
Dr. Donald E Harris is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbus, IN.