Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Facts Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Donald M Eicher MD
Dr. Donald M Eicher, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Cleveland, OH, with another office in Cleveland, OH. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology, Medical Oncology, Hematology and Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Eicher is affiliated with Uh Cleveland Medical Center and Affinity Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Donald M Eicher has 2 locations
18200 Lorain Ave Fl 2
Cleveland, OH 44111
Book Online Now
Dr. Donald M Eicher has the following 4 specialties
A hematology specialist is an expert in disorders of the blood, the blood forming organs and bone marrow. These doctors diagnose, treat and work to prevent diseases that affect the production of blood and its components, as well as the ability of the blood to perform its many functions, such as coagulation and carrying oxygen to the lungs and tissue.
Hematologists diagnose and treat blood disorders, such as anemia, hemophilia, leukemia, sickle cell anemia, deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.
Depending on the condition, hematology specialists may treat a patient with a blood transfusion, stem cell transplantation, bone marrow transplant, radiotherapy, anticoagulation therapy or medication.
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Hematology and Oncology
An Oncologist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of different cancers. This physician has extensive knowledge of the different signs and symptoms of cancer, as well as the various methods of treatment.
Oncologists diagnose cancer through methods such as biopsy, endoscopy, X-ray, blood tests, ultrasound, and different forms of nuclear medicine. They treat cancer through surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, hormone therapy, or antibody treatments.
If it is determined that a cancer cannot successfully be treated, oncologists then focus on providing palliative care, the use of pain medication to make a dying person more comfortable.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Donald M Eicher has the following 25 expertise
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Lung Cancer
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Bone Marrow and Lymphatic Tissue Cancer (Hematologic Neoplasm)
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Hepatitis C
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Colon Cancer
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Blood Cancer
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
Dr. Donald M Eicher is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Eicher is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
Northeastern Ohio University College Of Medicine And Pharmacy
Graduated in 1984
Ohio State University
Dr. Donald M Eicher Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Donald M Eicher is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Cleveland, OH.