Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Get the facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Donald Fareed
Dr. Donald Fareed, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Santa Barbara, CA. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Fareed is affiliated with Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital, Santa Ynez Valley Cottage Hospital and Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Donald Fareed has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
Excellent diagnosis, surgery and aftercare. The thorough and thoughtful approach to solving orthopedic problems unique to me are much appreciated. I'm very optimistic about my recovery and the future use of my knees in my active life. Very appreciative the emphasis was on healthcare over profit for its own sate.
With Dr. Fareed's 30 plus years of experience treating difficult orthopedic conditions, I felt confident that he could help my adhesive capsulitis. After performing hydroplasty to my shoulder, I felt immediate relief, and my range of motion improved significantly. He and assistant Jeanne are the team that saw to each and every detail, and question I had, while fulfilling and exceeding my expectations. His treatment will allow me to return to full function as a textile artist.
I have been going to Dr. Fareed for about 6 months now. He has been treating my neck and back pain with trigger point injections...something I had never heard of before I met him. I've gone to see many top doctors in Southern California, but here's why Dr. Fareed is so incredible: 1) He is a surgeon who will do anything to avoid surgery 2) he actually LISTENS to you 3) he actually CARES about you 4) he knows his stuff 5) he SPENDS TIME with you, sometime as much as an hour(!) but never less that 20-30 min. There is a reason why I drive 180 miles roundtrip for each visit, and why people have flown in from all over the country to consult with him. I have not used him for surgery, but I'm sure he's the best. My only issue is that he is not contracted with any insurance providers. You pay for his services upfront, then you are reimbursed by your insurance co. This is explained in detail in your first visit, so not a surprise, but you might want to check in advance how much your insurance co. will pay for his services. Can't recommend him more highly.
Dr. Fareed is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital
Santa Ynez Valley Cottage Hospital
Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital
44 Years Experience
University of California at Los Angeles
Graduated in 1969
Dr. Donald Fareed accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions1483 E Valley Rd, Santa Barbara, CA
Dr. Donald Fareed is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Santa Barbara, CA.