Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Donald Fishman
Dr. Donald Fishman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Washington, DC, with other offices in Potomac, MD and Rockville, MD (and 1 other location). He has 54 years of experience. His specialties include Child Neurology and Pediatrics. Dr. Fishman is affiliated with Shady Grove Adventist Hosp, Children's National Medical Center and Holy Cross Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Donald Fishman has the following 2 specialties
- Child Neurology
Pediatric neurologists diagnose neurological conditions in children as young as newborn, all the way up to adolescence. They can recommend treatment for sleep disorders, head injuries and headaches, but they also specialize in issues such as epilepsy, seizures and brain tumors.
Their expertise in childhood development and the nervous system make them an excellent resource for parents of children with autism, cerebral palsy, mental development issues or learning disabilities. You can consult with a pediatric neurologist before, during and after diagnosis depending on your child's specific condition and needs.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Fishman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Shady Grove Adventist Hosp
Children's National Medical Center
Holy Cross Hospital
Washington Adventist Hosp
Inova Fairfax Hospital
Virginia Hospital Center
Children's Hosp National Med Ctr
Holy Cross Hospital of Silver Spring
54 Years Experience
University of Illinois at Chicago
Graduated in 1959
Dr. Donald Fishman accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Donald Fishman in this video.
Dr. Donald Fishman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Washington, DC.