Dr. Donald Fithian Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Donald Fithian?

Getting an appointment is like trying to break into Fort Knox

Posted on December 27th, 2015

Kaiser, El Cajon Orthopedics office staff is the most dis-courteous, unreliable, hostile medical staff I have had the most unfortunate occasion to meet. Dr. Fithian is straight forward, knowledgeable and inspires confidence.

ACL Reconstruction Nov 2010

Posted on July 24th, 2012

Dr. Fithian is an excellent surgeon who also demonstrates compassion and courtesy to his patients and goes above and beyond with patient care. As a physical therapist, I have high standards when it comes to selecting a surgeon. After partially tearing my PCL (posterior cruciate ligament) on my right knee and rehabbing it for almost 6 months conservatively, I requested an appointment with Dr. Fithian since he had been recommended as the director of the department and expert in knee injuries. The previous orthopedist I had seen seemed adequate, but I wanted an opinion from an expert before I resumed playing sports. I had to wait approximately 1 month to see him, but my injury was not acute and I was still rehabilitating it, so I gladly waited. Dr. Fithian spent a significant amount of time explaining all the pros and cons of surgery before we ultimately decided together that PCL reconstruction surgery was not necessary and I could return to full sports activity.I resumed a high level of activity and unfortunately, tore my left ACL just one month later. I emailed Dr. Fithian directly when I determined that I had a complete tear of my ACL through manual testing. Dr. Fithian personally responded within 24 hours that his nurse would call me to schedule an appointment and they scheduled me within the week. Dr. Fithian confirmed that I had a complete tear of my ACL through manual testing and ordered an MRI to confirm and check for any other structural damage while simultaneously instructing his scheduler to schedule my ACL reconstruction surgery in the near future. They offered me several dates due to my work schedule and travel plans and I was scheduled within a few weeks.The evening before my surgery I learned that my grandfather was gravely ill and would likely only survive a few more days. It was a Sunday night and I had no way to directly contact Dr. Fithian so I left phone and email messages stating that I had to cancel surgery to fly to see my grandfather. I felt horrible canceling a surgery with such late notice, but Dr. Fithian personally got on the phone with me when the surgical center called the next morning and assured me that it was no inconvenience to him and offered his condolences. He also assured me they would reschedule my surgery in the next few weeks even though his scheduler had told me he was booked for the next 2 months. He came through on his promise and had his scheduler create another spot on an afternoon that had been previously been blocked on his schedule.The surgery went well and I returned to full sports activity after 9-12 months of rehabilitation. At 36 years old, I can complete box jumps, sprints, stair/hill training runs and I compete in a 24-hr adventure relay race annually. I could not be happier with both the surgery and the level of care I received from Dr. Fithian.

Great surgeon!

Posted on March 1st, 2012

I would trust my life in Dr. Fithian's hands. He did a great job giving me two total knee replacements. He exudes confidence and does an excellent job.

Excellent

Posted on February 3rd, 2012

Dr Fithian has done 4 knee replacements in my immediate family with outstanding results/recoveries. He repaired/rerplaced my left knee that the VA had been tinkering with since it got mangled in the Army in 1968.

knee replacement

Posted on July 29th, 2011

This is the second knee that I have had replaced. The left one 2 years ago. the right one 1 week ago today. No two are a like. Thank Gode for a doctor like Dr. Fithian who understands the range of pain one may experience while healling. And that one pill does not work on everyone. Everyday is better. I don't ever want to go through this again but if I did I would want this doctor!

Pleased

Posted on November 6th, 2009

Had ACL reconstruction surgery. Went well. Still recovering with physical therapy, etc.Dr. Fithian is very courteous and efficient.

Posted on June 1st, 2016