Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Donald L Fylstra
Dr. Donald L Fylstra, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Charleston, SC. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Fylstra is affiliated with East Cooper Regional Medical Center. Dr. Fylstra has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Donald L Fylstra has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Exam
- Ectopic Pregnancy
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
I was very pleased with Dr. Fylstra. He performed my surgery without any complications. He kept me up to speed on everything. What I especially love about him is that you get to sit down and talk with him in his office before and after each visit. In all of my years, I have never been to any doctor that does that. He is by far the best.
He is probably one of the worst doctors I have ever come across. I went in to have a trans-vaginal ultrasound to check on a cyst. The tech was ok, but she went to go get him. He immediately launched into how I was at risk for cancer because I'm fat and I needed to go on Prometrium. I asked him if he had any literature on it that I could take home and read. He said no, I just needed to take it. He obviously never checked my chart, seeing as I have 2 health care providers who insist that I not be on any type of hormone. Also, I have several medical conditions that the medication would make worse. He did not listen or comprehend a single thing I said. I love the hospital he works for, but perhaps he should consider changing specialties.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Fylstra is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
West Virginia University Hospital
Dr. Donald L Fylstra accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMedical University Of South Carolina Hospital, 171 Ashley Ave, Charleston, SC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Donald L Fylstra in this video.
Dr. Donald L Fylstra is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Charleston, SC.