Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Donald J Gjesdal has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Allergy & Immunology
- Hay Fever
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Nasal Allergies
- Watery Eyes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
I have been with the Doctor for about 10 years. I have always had wonderful service both in the office and the hospital. He is a very quiet and gentle Dr. and is very concerned about his patients. Since I have been under his treatment I have only had to go to the emergency room once. He takes plenty of time with his patients to make sure they understand what he is saying. His staff is very friendly.
I lived in California from 1986-1989. I experienced upper respiratory issues and this Doctor was an absolute Godsend. He accurately diagnosed and cured my allergy issues in 2 visits. It is now 2013 and I live in another state and experiencing allergy issues, so Dr. Gjesdal came to mind. I have not been to his office in 24 years. I am still taking time to write this review (the only Doctor review have ever written in my life) to endorse him. Absolutely a gem of a Doctor!
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
41 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Donald J Gjesdal accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDonald Joel Gjesdal Md, 17021 Yorba Linda Blvd Ste 160, Yorba Linda, CA
Dr. Donald J Gjesdal is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Yorba Linda, CA.