Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. J Hill
Dr. J Hill, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Francisco, CA, with other offices in San Francisco, CA and San Francisco, CA (and 1 other location). He has 53 years of experience. His specialties include Thoracic Surgery and General Surgery. Dr. Hill is affiliated with California Pacific Medical Center - Davies Campus, UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals and California Pacific Medical Center- Davies Campus. He speaks English.
Dr. J Hill has the following 2 specialties
- Thoracic Surgery
If you need surgery to treat a complication in your chest, which includes your lungs, esophagus, diaphragm and heart, your doctor will refer you to a thoracic surgeon. They’re trained to offer surgical treatment for tumors and abnormalities in these areas as well as respiratory and heart conditions like lung cancer, heart disease and diseases in the diaphragm.
Thoracic surgeons are similar to heart surgeons, except they have additional training in the entire cardiorespiratory system and in how your blood vessels work with your lungs and airways. They’re also trained on catheters used in the chest, as well as cardiac and respiratory support systems that might be part of your treatment plan.
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Aortic Diseases
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Cardiogenic Shock
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Disease
- Fat Embolism
- Fluid in Lungs (Pulmonary Edema)
- Heart Aneurysm
- Heart Cancer
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Transplantation
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Mitral Valve Insufficiency
- Myocardial Diseases
- Myocardial Infarction
- Percutaneous Arterial Septic Defect (ASD) Closure
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Pulmonary Valve Stenosis
- Wounds and Injuries
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Hill is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
California Pacific Medical Center - Davies Campus
UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
California Pacific Medical Center- Davies Campus
Alta Bates Summit Med Ctr Alta Bates Campus
Medical Center at UCSF
53 Years Experience
Dalhousie University Faculty Of Medicine
Graduated in 1960
Dr. J Hill accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. J Hill is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Francisco, CA.