Dr. Donald Hope Is this you?

3.2

Have you seen Dr. Donald Hope?

Second opinion and solution

Posted on November 22nd, 2017

First opinion from other doctor was "to live with it". Dr. Hope diagnosed quickly and explained what the options were, chances for success and risks. Subsequent surgery was successful and recovery was as predicted. Two thumbs up for Dr. Hope.

Best neurosurgeon in all of Northern Virginia

Posted on September 28th, 2017

I was struck by a cab while in a crosswalk and suffered a neck injury which involved the C5-C6 verterbrae being embedded into my spinal cord. I ended up going to three different neuro surgeons for opinions and all three, who were excellent, strongly recommended a discectomy. I did substantial research and talked extensively to all three and ended up going with Dr. Hope. It was unquestionably one of the best medical decisions I have ever made. Dr. Hope explained every aspect of the surgery thoroughly, and answered all of my questions in detail. I also had the surgery at Reston Hospital, which was another great choice. At Reston Hospital, Dr. Hope was able to bring in his entire team, from anesthesiologist to OR nurse to OR techs and the surgery went like clockwork. (Reston Hospital gets very high marks from me as well, and staying overnight in a private room with excellent nurses allayed any fears I had about hospitals.) I have heard complaints about the bedside manner of some surgeons, and that was absolutely not the case with Dr. Hope. He was the last person I saw before I went under, and the first person I saw when I woke up from anesthesia, and his entire OR team was excellent. Dr. Hope checked on me the next day, and I followed up with his Neuro PA, Alfia, who was also excellent. I am nearly pain free and have significantly more mobility than I had previously. Obviously someone working on your spine is a very big deal, but I would recommend Dr. Hope without hesitation.

Posted on April 25th, 2017

Dr.Hope did an outstanding job on my neck surgery. He was personable,clearly stated what the operation would entail and what to expect after the surgery. I recommend him without reservation.

Posted on February 25th, 2017

you did a great job on my husbands C-spine surgery and we are grateful for your expertise, your compassion, and taking the time to explain everything to us in detail. We never felt rushed with you, quite the opposite, you always took your time. Both my husband and I think think you are a fantastic DR, and so do many of our friends who've had surgery performed by you.

Hopeful

Posted on August 20th, 2016

I was referred to Dr Hope by a friend who had spinal surgery. My friend spoke highly of DR Hope and how successful his surgery was. I decided to call and make an apt. I was able to get a quick appt within days of calling. I met with Dr Hope and had my questions prepared to discuss. He took time listened to me and then filled in my list of questions with ones I had not considered. He allow Me to be touchy feely with the disc, bracket and screws that would be used. I am planning to have Dr Hope perform my surgery in October. I am pleased with my. Is it and planning for a follow up before scheduling surgery. I Have confidence Dr. hope will be successful with my surgery.

yea run do not walk

Posted on July 15th, 2015

I was sent to see this man and he seen me for about 10 min then wrote a report that I was wanting drugs and our conversation had nothing to do with drugs he is not much of a Dr if he can lie and diagnos people with out properly checking them out he need to be investigated and shut down for lying on people and miss diagnosing people

Posted on May 1st, 2015

Dr Hope is the best doctor I've ever seen. He really cares and his skills are phenomenal. I have recommended him at least 6 times.

Posted on April 26th, 2015

Dr. Hope is the reason I can still walk. Great surgeon, great guy.

Surgical Procedure

Posted on November 5th, 2013

I received outstanding attention from Dr. Hope and his staff. My life has been turned around and I feel healthier than I have in many years. The surgical procedure was quick and effective, and the follow-up reassuring and helpful.

Rude Doctor

Posted on February 7th, 2013

I have my life back!!!!

Posted on August 24th, 2012

After months of messing around with what I thought was a pulled hamstring, Dr. Hope set me straight. I had a herniated disc between L-5 and S-1 pressing on a nerve making my life absolutely miserable. By the time I went in to see Dr. Hope I was taking Vicodin just to get out of bed in the morning. He reviewed my MRI and recommended surgery as my best option considering how far the injury had progressed. We scheduled the surgery for the following Monday (4 days later). That Saturday I began having problems with bladder control and called Dr. Hope. He recommended emergency surgery that night to ensure the issues I was having would not become permanent. I was in the hospital by 7:00 pm and out around 11:30 pm. The staff couldn't have been more friendly and reassuring. From the moment I awoke, the nerve pain was GONE!!!! For those of you who've experienced this, you know this is more than a miracle (or at least it certainly feels like one). I'm 6 days post-op and no longer need vicodin or percocet to function. Of course I'm sore from the surgery but I feel absolutely amazing. I cannot thank Dr. Hope enough for taking care of me in my hour of need -- and I was I tell you at my very wits end with this pain. The biggest issue I've got now is boredom, waiting to return to work! Thank you Dr. Hope, from the bottom of my heart (and spine). I feel I've got a new lease on life.

Herniated Disc - L5 Surgery

Posted on April 27th, 2012

I'm very pleased with Dr. Hope, his staff and the surgery. I experienced immediate relief from the pain in my left leg. I had no problems post-surgery. Dr. Hope is knowledgeable, kind and listens. Do yourself a favor -- pay him a visit and get rid of the pain!