Dr. Donald Hurley Is this you?

3.2

Have you seen Dr. Donald Hurley?

Posted on June 14th, 2016

Outstanding integrationn of care! Very current and knowledgeable......but no white coat, Hawaiian shirts!

Posted on March 8th, 2016

I found Dr Hurley to be impatient, non compassionate and does not take the time to listen to his patients nor with follow up medical issues. In addition the office staff is curt, cold and unfriendly and I would not recommend this ear, nose throat physician

Posted on October 19th, 2015

We just moved here from out of state and I came to Dr. Hurley solely because his office carried my insurance and I needed a new primary care doctor in SC. I really wish I would have read these reviews before booking my appointment. I arrived at 9am for my 9:15 appointment, and while I knew it would take a little longer to be seen as a new patient, I did not expect to wait over an hour and a half just to be called back. I went back at about 11am. From there, I waited probably another 30 minutes before Dr Hurley decided to grace me with his almighty presence. He was condescending, pushy, and arrogant. Listen, I may not be the epitome of health, but I'm not overweight (and only 28 years old) and this guy wanted to run EVERY test imaginable on me (all done in house of course). I know I was just a walking dollar sign for him. Felt a slight pulse in my stomach because I'm thin? Better have an ultrasound. Never had an EKG? Better run that immediately. Full blood panels? Cholesterol screening? In depth sleep study? Check, check, check. And more! I don't have so much as a cough but this guy wanted to bully me into every single expensive test he could think of because I had ADHD. Yep. Just ADHD. He was rude, pushy, and made me feel very uncomfortable during the entire experience. As I left, the nurses fumbled around with my blood tests and the receptionit tried to write me a prescription that was completely wrong because she got my name mixed up with another patient. I was in this office for 4 hours for an appointment that never took more than 30 minutes total at my previous primary doctor's office. O

Posted on September 5th, 2015

Wonderful, caring, insightful, smart!

Posted on April 9th, 2015

Dr. Hurley is very thorough and personable as well. I'm so happy to have him.

Pompous DO with a God complex

Posted on April 1st, 2015

Dr. Hurley claims to know all of the recent research in medicine, stating he is a research doctor. I am a nurse, so I am inclined to questions orders that are not seemly correct. Dr. Hurley ordered a bunch of expensive, irrelevant test and diagnostics when I told him exactly my medical condition that I have been handling myself for over 15 years; I provided my personal medical records. He ordered medications for me, in which I did not take, as I know the combination lowers the seizure threshold. He lectured me for 10 mins about how I need to make sure I am having 3 bowel movements daily. I told him that my plumbing does not work that way, as I have adhesions on my intestines. He ordered medication for a friend of mine, who had a bowel obstruction, instead of admitting her to the hospital. My friend was in emergency surgery within 3 days, causing about 95% of her colon needing to be removed!! This could have been avoided, if only he would have admitted her to the hospital, so that she would have been monitored and treated properly, not by just taking a powerful laxative. He has no affiliation to the local hospitals, which is why he did not want her admitted. AVOID THIS DO AT ALL COST. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY. He's truly insane!

Posted on April 17th, 2014

I would not recommend this DO. If I wanted to see a Medical Doctor, I would have gone to MUSC. He was incredibly disrespectful and condescending, and worst of all is not up to date on his research on what he claims to be an expert in: Sports Medicine. My 2nd and 3rd 4th opinions consulted when compared to his "diagnosis" made his evaluation seem negligible.

Posted on November 15th, 2013

He is one of the WORST and most UNPROFESSIONAL physicians that I have ever seen in my life and I have dealt with many physicians in my life. Stay away from him!!!!!!!!!!! Far, far away!!!!!!!!!! He is completely rude and nasty!

Posted on June 25th, 2013

Dr. Hurley is a very competent doctor, and someone I feel comfortable with. However, he is very cautious and over-prescribes both tests and medications, maybe just as a CYA practice. My chief complaint with him, though, is that he is routinely running 1 hour or more behind schedule. I don't have time for him any more.

ARROGANT DOCTOR AND RUDE STAFF!

Posted on June 22nd, 2013

Dr. Hurley and most of the staff (specifically Linda] are absolutely horrible. If you enjoy feeling inferior and as though you are an inconvenience, this is the place for you, otherwise I wouldn't recommend them at all. Dr. Hurley especially needs to work on his bedside manner and overbearing ego, and to realize that he runs a practice for patient CARE. He also needs to remember we as a patient, choose and hire our doctors. For ten minutes or an hour at a time, we provide payment as trade for their services. They work for us. Although he's fully educated and clearly is competent, it's sad to know he won't be reprimanded for being socially ignorant in his approach with his patients, but at least these reviews may help lessen the income of new patients, EVERYONE deserves proper treatment and respect. This old ugly doctor needs to throw in the towel and retire!

ARROGANT NARCOSIS!

Posted on November 5th, 2012

I've been with Dr. Hurley for over 3 years and haven't felt comfortable even once! He has no idea who I am, never remembers anything told him and is ALWAYS right...no matter what. I feel worse when I walk out of there than when I went in. And his way of making patients fear him is his tactic to keep them returning in my case, EVERY month. Recently, my insurance company had an issue with paying the last 2 office visits and he himself, Hurley, would not see me or fill my CRITICAL RX unless the whole $400 was paid. He put $400 measly dollars ahead of a patient's well-being. Which in turn caused me to go to the hospital for my meds. Horrible doctor...in every way!

Great Medical Care

Posted on July 26th, 2012

Called and got in to see him the same day, they were booked up that day, but after I told staff symptoms they told me to come in. I waited 20 minutes, Dr. Hurley eased my fears and set me on the right path.This is the way it should work. Thanks Dr.H !