- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Donald M Jensen has the following 3 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A hepatologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the liver, gall bladder, pancreas and biliary tree - the path through which bile that is secreted by the liver travels to the duodenum. These organs are responsible for many essential bodily functions, such as production of hormones and enzymes, filtering the blood, detoxifying chemicals, metabolizing drugs, and digesting and processing food.
Common disorders that are treated by hepatologists are cirrhosis of the liver, gallstones, pancreatitis and hepatitis.
Dr. Donald M Jensen has the following 10 expertise
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Liver Transplantation
- Liver Cancer
- Autoimmune Hepatitis
- Hepatitis B
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Liver Diseases
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Hepatitis C
Dr. Donald M Jensen is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 2
46 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
Dr. Donald M Jensen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
SIHO Insurance Services
- SIHO Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Donald M Jensen, MD - Hepatology in Chicago, IL, in this video.
Dr. Donald M Jensen is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Chicago, IL.