Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Donald C Kitt has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Donald C Kitt has the following 9 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Migraine Disorder
- Migraine Disorders
Dr. Donald C Kitt has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 12
Dr Kitt lacks professionalism, compassion and caring and showed absolutely no desire to get to know me as a human being who is simply seeking care. I scheduled an appointment with him for treatment of a chronic debilitating neurological condition. I was appalled at how he took it am seeking a fun, intelligent, compassionate, sincere, positive, gentleman to cherish and who cherishes me, sharing long lasting friendship and passionate love, built upon mutual respect, attraction, and shared values upon himself to arrogantly disagree. even without examining me and without looking at my mri study, he arrogantly stated that a secondary neurological diagnosis of trigeminal neuralgia which is a direct result of the primary neurologic diagnosis of multiple sclerosis, of which every neurologist has concurred with and has diligently and caringly treated me for over the years is inaccurate. I have been battling this neurological condition for many years, have been diagnosed by the best neurologists, including Harvard and Stanford trained physicians i am spending time on the west coast and am seeking a neurologist to follow me while i spend considerable time in the Bay Area. I simply thought I would schedule an appointment to met and get to know this physician with the desire to assess how i feel that about this particular physician. He did not show patience compassion not did he demonstrate the desire to understand my long battle with a chronic neuroligic condition. My assessment of him and my first appointment was a clear indication that this physician should not be considered if you are seeking a caring compassionate physician who you will feel cares about your needs as a patient. He arrogantly made a diagnosis without examining me at all and without looking at my mri scan that I brought with me. He also was provided with medical records over years all concurring the diagnosis of trigeminal neuralgia. I have never experienced such a disappointing first visit with any physician in my lifetime.
My father has been seeing Dr. Kitt for the past 20 years to treat his Parkinson's Disease. I wouldn't recommend Dr. Kitt because in order to treat Parkinson's you really need to see a physical therapist and speech therapist too.Dr. Kitt never recommend a physical therapist. A speech therapist was recommended only after I spoke to him about this.His practice is low-powered. Some other practices have a nurse and physical therapist there too.When, my father went to the hospital and his Parkinson's completely failed him.Dr. Kitt never returned my phone call.I left him 7 messages and asked him if he could help my father because the hospital wants to discharge patients early and too early for my father.He never returned any of my phone call.Dr. Kitt, you know it and I know thatyou are a rotten and no good person and doctor.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Kitt is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
Keck School Of Medicine Of The University Of Southern California
Graduated in 1982
Ucsd Medical Center
Dr. Donald C Kitt accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDonald C Kitt Md, 3838 California St Rm 114, San Francisco, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Donald C Kitt in this video.
Dr. Donald C Kitt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Francisco, CA.