Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Donald W Kucharzyk has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Surgery
A pediatric surgeon is a qualified surgeon who has additional training in performing surgery on young patients, including fetuses (neonatal or fetal surgery), infants, children, adolescents and teenagers.
Because pediatric patients are still growing and developing, they are often more difficult to operate on than adults. These patients have smaller bodies and smaller organs requiring even more of a precise and measured approach by a surgeon.
Some of the conditions that may require the care of a pediatric surgeon are congenital malformations, such as cleft lip and palate, abdominal wall defects, like hernias, deformities of the chest wall, childhood tumors, like neuroblastomas and separation of conjoined twins.
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
- Sports Medicine
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Physical Therapy Modalities
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Spinal Fractures
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spinal Fusion
- Knee Osteoarthritis
Showing 5 of 37
I arranged an appointment with Dr. Kucharzyk after I sustained a knee injury. I have to admit that I did seek medical care from another Orthopedic surgeon right after the injury. The physician I saw (after a very limited AND non-thorough assessment) who did not even look at my knee prescribed Motrin and Medrol Dose Pack. With bruising, swelling and pain increasing WITHOUT any relief ~ I saw Dr. Kucharzyk who after reviewing my MRI and a thorough physical assessment of my knee advised me that the best course of treatment would be surgical repair due to derangement of my knee as well as meniscus tear. After surgery (2 days later @ Pinnacle Hospital in Crown Point) I was on the road to recovery. I had such good care...was very informed at EACH of the process and most importantly ~ Dr. Kucharzyk and his entire staff were amazing and very accommodating. I only missed (4) days of work. I have never felt better AND to this day........My Knee Is Better Than Ever. Thank You Dr. Kucharzyk!!!!!!!!!!
This surgeon didn't tell me he was putting a bone stimulator in my back during a fusion surgery and even neglected to tell me he did it until a month after! His staff is also rude. Was five minutes late for my follow up appointment and they sent me away. I had come from Valpo to Crown Point. Would never recommend this surgeon to anybody. And it looks like lots of people have had bad experiences with him and his staff.
My family has been a patient of the doctor for over 20 years. I had a foot injury that he misdiagnosed and then became irritated with me when I got a second opinion. Lucky I did. I was walking on a dislocated foot for 5 months and the doctor told me I had arthritis. I understand he is a spine specialist but if he is not qualified to make a foot diagnosis then dont accept a patient with a foot injury!
This doctor is not thorough - he rushes patients through and contradicts himself from visit to visit. His misdiagnosised the curvature in our daugher's spine and she has missed her window of opporutnity for correction without surgical intervention. He also is not aggressive enough with bracing and early intervention with scoliosis.
35 Years Experience
Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Dr. Donald W Kucharzyk accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA PPO
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
SIHO Insurance Services
- SIHO Network
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Donald W Kucharzyk is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Crown Point, IN.