Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Donald B Longjohn
Dr. Donald B Longjohn, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Los Angeles, CA. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Longjohn is affiliated with Good Samaritan Hospital, Usc Keck Hospital and UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica. Dr. Longjohn has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Donald B Longjohn has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Bone Fracture
- Knee Surgery
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Herniated Disc
- Sports Medicine
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Surgery
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
Several years ago, Army doctors operated on my knee. The knee became so bad I couldn't walk up a flight of stairs. I was at Fort Lewis, Washington, where I met this guy who had both knees replaced at Keck School of Medicne, USC medical Center. This guy told me that both of his knees were perfect after surgery at USC. I went to Keck School of Medicne of USC where Doctor Longjohn replaced my left knee. The knee replacement was so good I jogged 5 miles on it 8 months after the surgery. Today. the knee is incredibly strong. I have full feeling in the knee and no pain whatsoever. Doctor Longjohn has to be hte best knee doctor on this planet. Thanks Doctor Longjohn.
Dr. Longjohn was excellent throughout the entire process. He spent so much time with us before my husbands surgery. He explained everything very clearly and throughly. He talked with me after the surgery, letting me know everything that happened during the surgery, showing me pictures and the whole bit. I really appreciate everything he has done for both myself and my husband. His office called to check on my husband a week after surgery and wants him to come in for a check-up in one more week. Dr, Longjohn and his staff are excellent. Awesome! A huge thanks to him.
Dr Longjohn is by far the best there is when it comes to knee replacements and revisions. After many years of knee problems my medical path llead my to Dr.Longjohn. Once meeting him it is very apparent that he is the top in his field, If having any kind of specialty work in the area of knee revision or replacement, Dr. Longjohn is truly the Master of is art..I thank God that our paths have crossed.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2013, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2015, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2011, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Longjohn is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1990
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Donald B Longjohn accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUniversity of Southern California Orthopedic, 1520 San Pablo St Ste 2000, Los Angeles, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Donald B Longjohn in this video.
Dr. Donald B Longjohn is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.