Dr. Donald Mansell Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Donald Mansell?

Posted on March 28th, 2016

I have no concerns regarding Dr. Mansell. My colonoscopy was completed with no problems..appreciated the caring attitude displayed by the doctor when he asked if he could offer a prayer for me prior to the procedure. My biggest complaint is with the excessive wait time in his office waiting for my appointment. I arrive on time and have had to sit for hours along with the rest of his complaining patients. No explanation is given for the delay and there aren't enough magazines to read or tea to drink to make the time move faster! No other doctor that I've been to has this scheduling problem and it's frustrating because my time is precious too.

This Dr is worthless

Posted on October 19th, 2015

This was by far the worst Dr. I have ever come in contact with in my life. He is all about the money and could less about the care he provides patients. It is very apparent that after 31 years of this work, he has become complacent and bored by the rudiments of his job. At no point did I feel like Dr. Mansell cared or listened to what I had to say. I would not recommend him to anyone. In fact, given the opportunity I would always advise against going to seem him. Don't waste your time!

Posted on October 14th, 2015

Diagnosed me with rare tumor after years of searching

After 12 years...

Posted on June 26th, 2014

Dr. Mansell has always been amazing. I was in horrible condition when i finally was referred to him. He immediately put me on the correct medication and quickly put my Crohn's into remission. When another flare up started a year later, he immediately sent me to San Francisco for a second opinion. He cares about his patients. They are not just another appointment to him. I have referred people to him and will continue to do so. As for wait times, emergencies at the hospital happen. I have been one of the emergencies that had to be taken care of before he could get to the office. Every timei have called, he has called me back even if it's 9 or 10 pm. Great doctor who truly cares about his patients.

Great

Posted on May 1st, 2014

My wife and I have been seeing Dr. Mansell for over 10 years. Always good. As far as running behind schedule, just call and the staff will put you in line and then call you about 1/2 hr before you go in (that negates all of the "had to sit in waiting room" comments.

Amazing Doctor!

Posted on March 27th, 2014

Dr. Mansell listened to my symptoms, was upfront about treatment, gave me confidence in a cure, and made me feel like I have a chance at living a normal health life. To the reviewers who are bashing him for timeliness: Don't you want a doctor who considers your health carefully? He treats EVERY patient with priority. I would have waited all day for an hour of his time! He is worth every second, every penny, and any commute. Prospective patients: don't be fooled by impatient reviewers, this is a 5 star doctor with 5 star staff! God Bless XoX

Con nob

Posted on January 19th, 2014

I waited 4 hours & never saw the doc & was never advised why or how long until I might see him. Left at 7 PM & got call 10 min pater asking why ! Waiting room was packed when I got there so he's obviously overbooking. Greed a d arrogance are bad combination in a "healer."

One of his horrible office staff?

Posted on June 21st, 2013

I have worked for Dr Mansell for almost 5 years. I also worked for 5 other Doctors in this area, previously. I see how hard he works everyday. He is very concerned if you have to wait. He cannot leave the Hospital until he has taken care of every patient he has scheduled or any patient the Hospital says he needs to see outside of his scheduled procedures. When he knows ahead of time he will be late to his office appointments, you are called. You, if reached, are given the choice of reschedule or perhaps a long wait. Those of you that CHOOSE to wait may be seen at 9 or 10 pm. That is very unfortunate but you are given a choice. If you were not reached, or we just found out he would be late, you were told at check in. Also, remember his day started at about 6 am. If we, the staff, seem grumpy, disorganized or uncaring, we apologize. Our day changes when his does, sometimes at the last minute, with many phone calls to be made and many unhappy patients. None of this the Doctors fault.

Knowledgeable

Posted on October 1st, 2012

Dr. Mansell is a good physician and knows a lot about his expertise. The only real problem is with the wait to see the doctor. Sometimes you have to wait for hours in the waiting room.

Try not to stay sick

Posted on September 18th, 2012

His office is terrible especially with paperwork. Not sure if Dr. Mansell still has "it" but his memory is noticeably getting worse and his tolerance for patients who don't get better or have complications is non existent.

general contractor

Posted on October 26th, 2011

Both my wife and I have had colonoscopy treatments through his office and the medical side of things were handled in a very pleasing manor. The only problem with the office staff was that there seemed to be an overbooking of patients for appointment times. Having had several specialists in the Chico and Paradise region, I didn't find this particularly unique to Dr. Mansell's office. But the staff were unfailingly polite and mannerly, and usually there were several whiners and complainers in the waiting room making most of the noise. And although I did ask medical questions of the staff to find answers for, they were unwavering about getting the doctor's opinion instead of winging it on their own.

Great doctor, awful office staff

Posted on June 2nd, 2010

I have had Crohn's for 10 years and he is the only doctor out of 7 I have seen that has actually been able to help me and is very kind. His office staff is AWFUL! They are rude and unprofessional. They also do not pass messages to the doctor, but instead make MEDICAL decisions on their own. I am pretty sure none of them have a college education, let alone an MD, so they really are not qualified to decide whether or not he should get a patient's message. I usually wait about 1.5 hours to be seen. The worst was 3 hours. I hope he reads this and everyone else's comments and hires new staff.