Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Donald J Martinelli
Dr. Donald J Martinelli, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Brooklyn, NY. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Martinelli is affiliated with Staten Island University Hospital. Dr. Martinelli has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Donald J Martinelli has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 20
Dr. Donald Martinelli is definitely one of the best internists in Brooklyn. He takes his time with me, addressing anything I tell him about. I don't understand why people complain about the wait. Doctor offices aren't drive-thrus, especially when the doctor is this experienced and caring. Dr. Martinelli is known for spending time and talking to the patient. I'd rather the wait than feeling rushed and uncomfortable, that's for sure. After coming to him for years now, he has impressed me on his knowledge of medicine and kind heart. I know I won't be changing doctors anytime soon!!
Absolutely NOT!!! Do not come here, The staff is rude and obnoxious and they only have hours every other day, with no information for a back up Dr. or an Attending. I tried to make an appt on a Tuesday to find out they are closed. I call again on Wednesday and they cannot see me and are closed on Thursday. The only appt. they offered me was on Friday after 12:30. I explained to the Receptionist that this was not acceptable, that my husband had been suffering with vertigo and dizzy spells, if she can please get me something sooner, she then went on to tell me "well what do I tell the other people who made appointments". I told her "you are being very rude but what choice do I have I will take the appt." She then informed me "well I want a million dollars, we don't all get what we want" Unacceptable! I explained to her I would think working in a Dr's office, that you would attempt to be more compassionate and that the last time I was there, I saw a man with bug bites all over his body come in from the street and ask to see the Dr. and she told him to sit and she would try to get him in. That all I was requesting was the same treatment and fairness she allotted him. She told me to hold. I was then transferred to Dr. Martinelli, who in his defense did apologize for her, but also never offered to see me sooner. Never going back!
Dr. Martinelli is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
Universidad De Buenos Aires
Graduated in 1985
St Lukes Roosevelt Hospital Center
Dr. Donald J Martinelli accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDonald J Martinelli Md, 8306 13th Ave, Brooklyn, NY
Dr. Donald J Martinelli is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.