Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Donald M Mender MD
Dr. Donald M Mender, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Rhinebeck, NY, with other offices in Poughkeepsie, NY and Hyde Park, NY . He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. He speaks English.
Dr. Donald M Mender has 3 locations
201 South Ave Ste 306
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Book Online Now
Dr. Donald M Mender has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Donald M Mender has the following 12 expertise
- Mood Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
43 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Hospital Of The University Of Pennsylvania
Dr. Donald M Mender Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Donald M Mender's office for more information.
6369 Mill St Ste 213 Rhinebeck, NY : (845) 876-6772
201 South Ave Ste 306 Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
11 Crum Elbow Rd Hyde Park, NY : (845) 229-1020
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Donald M Mender, MD - Psychiatry in Rhinebeck, NY, in this video.
Dr. Donald M Mender is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Rhinebeck, NY.