3.4

Be Careful & Get a Second Opinion

After many second opinions, and speaking to others at the same hospital, I came to realize that he didn't perform the surgery in the most efficient and effective manner. He performed a craniotomy for a Pituitary Tumor when 6 other prominent Neurosurgeons throughout the US all agreed that it should have been done endoscopic endonasal. He is arrogant and his bed side manner is 0. He should have referred me to a pituitary specialist. I finally had the surgery performed by a Neuro who knew what he was doing. Unfortunately O'Rourke didn't do what he was supposed to the first time and the tumor attached to my optic nerve. First surgery..8 days ICU with 35 stitches. 2nd Surgery, 8 hour surgery done on Tuesday, released on that Thursday.....was Christmas shopping that Saturday.

Dr Orourke and his nurse Eileen have nasty attitudes. Very minimum followup after brain surgery. Im still having issues but I plan to look elsewhere for help.

Cervical discetomy/fusion

3days since ACDF surgery and so far all is well, as expected as described. Dr. O has thie city covered. Best of the best! Impressive!

The best

I had 3 surgeries in 7 months with Dr. O'Rourke and was thoroughly impressed with him. He was never offended when questioned, direct, thorough, and attentive. He was business first but never rude or abrupt. I have an anaplastic astrocytoma and feel he went over and above what other doctors would do. He saved my life.

Spinal surgery

I can't speak to Dr. O'Rourke's personality or bedside manner. I was only in his company for maybe 10 min while conscious, he was nice and professional for those 10 min I actually spoke to him. I will say however, when woke up from surgery I had full use of my arm. I am recovering at a rate faster then statistics state I should be. From my experience the man has awesome surgical skill and lets face it that's what's really important. I don't need to be babied, coddled and hugged when I see a Dr. I need a diagnosis, what is going to fix it and the prognosis, he gave me all of that. I had a condition that could have affected my life. The man fixed me up. He wouldn't know me if he tripped over me, however, I'll never forget him.

Dr. Donald Orourke Jr is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.

Dr. Donald Orourke Jr Is this you?