Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Donald Ritt
Dr. Donald Ritt, MD is a Doctor primarily located in La Jolla, CA. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Ritt is affiliated with Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas, Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego and UC San Diego Health System. He speaks English.
Dr. Donald Ritt has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Palliative Care
- Ulcerative Colitis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Ritt treated me for over 1 YEAR for hep c. During this time i sean him on a.monthly basis. He took as much time as i needed, took a.real interest in my physical and mental well being and treated me as a friend. He is compassionate, caring and very kind. I never could have gotten through my treatment without him. If you have hep c or other liver diseases you must see Dr. Donald Ritt. He is the best there is.
Dr. Ritt is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas
Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego
UC San Diego Health System
Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla
- Temple University School Of Medicine
Dallas Co Hp Parkland Memorial
Dr. Donald Ritt accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- View by Location
Locations & Directions9850 Genesee Ave, La Jolla, CA
Dr. Donald Ritt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near La Jolla, CA.