Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Donald P Roten Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Surgery
A pediatric surgeon is a qualified surgeon who has additional training in performing surgery on young patients, including fetuses (neonatal or fetal surgery), infants, children, adolescents and teenagers.
Because pediatric patients are still growing and developing, they are often more difficult to operate on than adults. These patients have smaller bodies and smaller organs requiring even more of a precise and measured approach by a surgeon.
Some of the conditions that may require the care of a pediatric surgeon are congenital malformations, such as cleft lip and palate, abdominal wall defects, like hernias, deformities of the chest wall, childhood tumors, like neuroblastomas and separation of conjoined twins.
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Showing 5 of 7
I was referred to this Doctor for a second opinion on a specific issue. He was totally unprepared for my appointment, forcing me to wait in an exam room for over an hour while he "gathered" information. I found him to be very condescending, unwilling to listen to me, and with no diagnoses except to refer me to another Doctor. He preformed no exam, and based the entire visit on input from records information from my previous visits with other Doctors. I found his behavior to be uncaring, arrogant, and at times just plain rude. Personally my impression of this Doctor is that he will do no more then what is required to get paid, and not bother to look beyond the surface appearance of a patient's problem.
Dr. Roten, although incredibly skilled as a surgeon, is lacking bedside manner. I had a 1 week follow up post gallbladder removal yesterday. I am still experiencing pain and when communicating this with Dr. Roten I received feedback that left me feeling abnormal and foolish. It was not a good experience!
20 Years Experience
University Of Mississippi School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Donald P Roten Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Qualchoice Statewide Network
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDonald Perrin Roten Jr Md, 500 W Bankhead St, New Albany, MS
Dr. Donald P Roten Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Albany, MS.