Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Donald Saelinger
Dr. Donald Saelinger, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Bangor, ME. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Saelinger is affiliated with St Joseph Hospital, Saint Elizabeth Medical Center - South and University Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Donald Saelinger has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
I had seen Dr. Saelinger for over 25 years. He has helped me with my Crohn's disease since the very beginning of my diagnosis. This doctor truly cares about his patients. Each and every visit was a comfort because of his empathy, expertise and prompt diagnosis of any and all situations that arrived when treating a Crohn's patient. If you have him as a doctor you are truly blessed!
Dr. Saelinger is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Joseph Hospital
Saint Elizabeth Medical Center - South
Fort Hamilton Hospital
St Luke Hospital East
40 Years Experience
University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Dr. Donald Saelinger accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSt Joseph Hospital, 360 Broadway, Bangor, ME
Dr. Donald Saelinger is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bangor, ME.