Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Donald Lewis
Dr. Donald Lewis, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Norfolk, VA, with other offices in Norfolk, VA and Norfolk, VA . He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics and Child Neurology. Dr. Lewis is affiliated with Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital, Sentara Norfolk Genl Hosp and Chesapeake Regional Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Donald Lewis has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Child Neurology
Pediatric neurologists diagnose neurological conditions in children as young as newborn, all the way up to adolescence. They can recommend treatment for sleep disorders, head injuries and headaches, but they also specialize in issues such as epilepsy, seizures and brain tumors.
Their expertise in childhood development and the nervous system make them an excellent resource for parents of children with autism, cerebral palsy, mental development issues or learning disabilities. You can consult with a pediatric neurologist before, during and after diagnosis depending on your child's specific condition and needs.
- Anticonvulsive Drugs
Showing 3 of 3
Donald Lewis diagnosised my daughter's headaches based on one lumbar puncture as pseudotumor cerebri. He then directed her to go home and basically tough it out. He refused to do any further testing and discharged her with out consulting me. Only after aguing with him did he agree to at least do an MRI. His diagnosis was quickly overturned at Duke University.
Dr. Lewis is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital
Sentara Norfolk Genl Hosp
Chesapeake Regional Medical Center
Sentara Obici Hospital
Sentara Careplex Hospital
Sentara Bayside Hospital
Children's Hospital/King's Daughters
Sentara Leigh Hospital
Childrens Hospital of The K
34 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University
Graduated in 1979
Dr. Donald Lewis accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Donald Lewis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Norfolk, VA.