Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Donald W Welsh has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 7
Pathetic excuse for a doctor! If I could rate him with no stars I would! Didn't even know his name, because he didn't introduce himself to my 12 year old daughter or me. My daughter felt disgusting after he open her tshirt and put his stethoscope down to check her breathing. Then claims she has some disease because she is not breathing comfortably. Announces said diagnosis without any bedside manner and sends 12 year old and 9 year old sister into tears; and walks out of the room without another word. The staff apologizes for his behavior multiple times; while I get needed form and ask for his name; since he didn't provide it. Staff is in tears over his behavior and clearly embarrassed. Simply reply it's not their fault for his behavior and you did nothing wrong; I need his name so I can report him. All this after an almost three hour wait. Nope definitely would not recommend him and have already started the process to have him removed.
44 Years Experience
University Of South Carolina School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
University Of Alabama Hospital
Dr. Donald W Welsh accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAmerican Family Care-Hoover, 1680 Montgomery Hwy, Birmingham, AL
Dr. Donald W Welsh is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Birmingham, AL.