Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Donald Wakefield
Dr. Donald Wakefield, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lexington, KY, with other offices in Hazard, KY and Hazard, KY (and 2 other locations). He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Wakefield is affiliated with Meadowview Regional Medical Center, University of Louisville Hospital, Division of Plastic Surgery and Georgetown Community Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Donald Wakefield has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Wakefield is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Meadowview Regional Medical Center
University of Louisville Hospital, Division of Plastic Surgery
Georgetown Community Hospital
Fleming County Hospital
Samaritan Hospital - Lexington
James B Haggin Memorial Hospital
Bourbon Community Hospital
Bluegrass Community Hospital
Central Baptist Hospital
Saint Joseph East
Ephraim Mcdowell Regional Medical Center
Clark Regional Medical Center
Pikeville Medical Center
Mary Chiles Hospital
Saint Joseph Hospital
Nicholas County Hospital
Frankfort Regional Medical Center
44 Years Experience
Graduated in 1969
Dr. Donald Wakefield accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Donald Wakefield in this video.
Dr. Donald Wakefield is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lexington, KY.