Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Donald Wardell III has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
When I went to Henry County Medical Center's ER for severe abdominal pain Wardell, the hospitalist on duty, refused to treat me. The ER diagnosed acute pancreatitis. Wardell insisted that HCMC was not capable of treating me and that I had to be transferred to another hospital that had a gastro-intestinal specialist on staff. This was after nearly six hours of testing and waiting for results--nearly midnight. HCMC is the only hospital anywhere close to me (within 60 miles) that accepts my insurance. There was no place I could transfer to without having to pay for everything myself, and there's no way I can afford that. I was never actually seen by a doctor--all communication was relayed through a nurse. Even the ER doctor on duty did not come by to see me. I had no choice but to go home exhausted and in pain.
Dr. Wardell is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
Wake Forest University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
University Of Kansas Medical Center
Dr. Donald Wardell III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Ambetter from MHS HIX
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Donald Wardell III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Castle, IN.