Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Donn Wells has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Donn Wells has the following 7 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Donn Wells has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 15
What I love about Dr. Wells is that he remembers what is happening in my life. We don't have to spend have the session rehashing was my backstory is. He is not only a psychiatrist but also a psychologist--a truly rare find in this day and age. I have had a psychiatric condition for 30 years, and is the best psych I have ever had.
I have found Dr. Wells to be knowledgeable, concerned about his patients, an excellent listener and advisor, very professional and follows up each session with earlier concerns, so one feels that all the bases are covered. I have recommended Dr. Wells to several people, and they have been as happy with his care as I am.
Dr. Wells is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
49 Years Experience
University of Rochester
Graduated in 1964
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions160 Allens Creek Rd, Rochester, NY
Dr. Donn Wells is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rochester, NY.