Dr. Donald Wright Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Donald Wright?

Posted on September 30th, 2016

His patience and calmness coupled with his technical expertise has been very important and much appreciated as he cared for me during a critical operation to save my vision.

Posted on August 19th, 2016

Amazing

Just the best

Posted on June 2nd, 2016

Can't go wrong with this doc...it just doesn't get any better.

Highly recommend A+

Posted on February 22nd, 2016

You are in good hands with Dr. Wright. He performed my surgery after several rounds of steroid treatment, PT, and continued pain. He does an excellent consultation, educates the patient, and takes time in the follow ups. I appreciate his rational, practical approach and bedside manner.

AWESOME

Posted on October 14th, 2015

Dr. Wright is so great! He truly spends time with his patients and goes through each problem to make sure the patient understands what is wrong. His bedside manner is awesome and I felt totally comfortable leaving the office after talking with him. HIGHLY recommend.

Great Surgeon for Hydrocephalus Treatment

Posted on February 25th, 2015

Great job fixing my broken hydrocephalus shunt! He explained what he planned to do beforehand, and what he found wrong with the shunt when I went back for followup. My last followup was a few days ago and he reassured me that all of his assistants are trained in reprogramming my shunt, which needs to be done after an MRI. He restricts his practice to brain surgery, but there are other excellent doctors he practices with if you need spinal surgery (or a consult). I'm just glad I found him, since it is hard to find a neurosurgeon who understands that just because a shunt is flowing doesn't always mean it is working correctly.

Very Personable!

Posted on November 25th, 2014

A Very Skilled Neurosurgeon

Posted on April 5th, 2014

Getting the Chiari 1 and Syringomelia diagnosis was very scary, and the surgery option was even scarier. Dr. Wright spent 45 minutes with me to explain my condition, provided the options, and answered all my questions that put my mind at ease. 10 weeks after my surgery, I am feeling fantastic. At my post-op visit, he spent another 45 minutes with me explaining what was done, and again took the time to answer every one of my questions. Dr. Wright is a very highly skilled neurosurgeon and I would most definitely recommend him. It is hard to get an appointment with him, but definitely worth the wait.

I felt like I was in the presence of true genius.

Posted on April 2nd, 2013

The only difficult part was getting Dr. Wright to keep in touch and let me know in advance when my surgery would be. I was a simple case, apparently, not an emergency, but I had to build my schedule around this procedure. Other than that, he was very bright, attentive, and didn't miss a thing that stood out in my behavior. I couldn't understand how he could be physically fit enough for all the work he did. He was also personable, knowledgable about a range of subjects, and very relaxed, reassuring, and friendly.

Ready For Surgery

Posted on June 15th, 2012

I recently moved back to VA from out of state due to a large meningioma that was just found in the upper right of my skull. It is attached to the main vein, and large, so on the risky side. Dr Wright was very comforting in explaining what to expect b4 and after surgery to remove it. All I am waiting for is SSI to ok surgery so Dr Wright can do his magic! I highly recommend him! His Practice Mngr, Adrienne, was extemely helpful with information to speed up SSI as well.

Nue

Posted on March 7th, 2012

I have never received any promises or false hopes from this doctor. He is honest and always gives me 100% of his attention and dedication to my nuero situation. I would reccomend this doctor to any and all patients with nuerological issues and in need of surgery, especially using shunts.

Great Doctor

Posted on March 6th, 2012

Although the wait was a little long, the doctor is very caring. I felt that he spent enough time with and clearly told me what the issue I was having. I highly recommend him.